Your first visit to Allergy and Asthma Care of Long Island establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office(s), practice hours, payment policies and more. There's background information about our first visit procedures. You can even save some time at your first visit by printing out and completing the new patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Important Note: If allergy skin testing is to be done at your initial visit, antihistamine medications must be discontinued 3 days prior to the appointment date. However, if your condittion is bothersome enough to prevent you from stopping antihistamines for the suggested time period, we ask that you still keep your scheduled appointment -- we can help speed your recovery now, and perform testing at a later date.
Please arrive early so that we can complete your initial paperwork. Also, please bring the following:
- Patient's insurance card
- List of current prescriptions and/or over-the-counter medication, including dose and frequency
- Information about patient's medical and surgical history
- Recent test results, x-rays, or relevant records
- Picture ID
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- New-Patient Forms (pdf)
- Immunotherapy Consent Form (pdf)
Asthma Control Test™ (pdf)
(ages 12 and older)
Childhood Asthma Control Test™ (pdf)
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in medical care.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
- Mercy Medical Center
- Long Island Jewish (lij)
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- South Nassau Community Hospital
What to expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.